So, what causes this distorted vision?
The refraction(bending) of light entering the eyes is controlled by the eye lens and cornea. When a person has an eye defect such as myopia, hypermetropia, or astigmatism, the cornea or lens is shaped in such a way that light does not bend and fall properly on the retina. As a result, light does not concentrate properly on the retina, and eyesight becomes distorted.
In most cases, refractive error is addressed using eyeglasses or contact lenses, which assist in focussing light correctly and allow you to see clearly. But spectacles and contacts can be a hassle. Lasik provides a one-time correction and you can enjoy a hassle-free clear vision.
What are some common eye defects that LASIK can treat?
Some of the most common eye defects are:
- Nearsightedness, often known as myopia, is a condition in which you can see things close to your eyes but not at a distance.
- Farsightedness, also known as hypermetropia, is a condition in which you can see distant objects but not close ones.
- Astigmatism is a visual disorder that causes general distortion. Astigmatism is caused by an uneven curvature in the cornea or uneven flattening of the cornea. Astigmatism hampers the ability to see near and far objects.
All of these visual impairments can be readily rectified with LASIK surgery. An ophthalmologist uses a laser to alter the corneal shape during LASIK surgery. The required refraction and vision correction are provided here. Light falls appropriately and focuses properly on the retina as the shape of the cornea is adjusted correspondingly. The surgery involves correction of the refractive defect and enhancement of vision. As a result, you can see clearly without the use of glasses or contacts.
LASIK surgery can be done in a variety of different procedures, including
- Wavefront LASIK
- Blade-free LASIK
- Advanced surface ablation
- Smile LASIK
- Implantable contact lens
- Contoura Vision LASIK surgery
Specs Removal- Contoura vision Lasik laser surgery
Contoura Vision LASIK surgery is a cutting-edge FDA-approved refractive error and astigmatism correction procedure.
What sets contoura vision Lasik apart from other LASIK procedures?
cal aberrations in addition to correcting visual flaws and helping you see clearly. The corneal surface smooths down, allowing light to enter the eyes evenly. The optical quality rises by a substantial margin, and you enjoy crystal-clear, immaculate vision.
After the procedure, Contoura Vision Surgery claims to deliver
- 20/20 precise and improved vision in 95 per cent of patients.
- Removal of a small amount of corneal tissue.
- LASIK procedure that is highly tailored to you
- Removal of common flaws in the eyes
- Minimal complications
- Blade free advanced laser surgery.
The ophthalmologist evaluates several factors and confirms your eligibility for the operation before proceeding.
Who is the Right Candidate for LASIK Eye Surgery?
If you wear contact lenses or glasses and wish to get rid of them, LASIK surgery is an option. It’s crucial to make sure you’re a good candidate for LASIK surgery before going through with it:
- You must be at least 18 years old. People above the age of 21 are often preferred since eyesight and refractive error remain consistent after that age.
- Over the last year, your eye prescription and spectacle power haven’t changed significantly. Only if your eye prescription remains stable for a long time, you can undergo LASIK surgery.
- The prescription must be within a certain range: if your eye prescription is far too high, surgery may not be for you. There is a specific prescription limit that can be corrected.
- The eye defect you have should be corrected by LASIK surgery
- You haven’t had an eye infection or injury in the recent past.
- You’re not expecting a child or nursing a baby.
- The cornea’s thickness is also essential. The thickness of the cornea is measured before surgery. The cornea must be thick and healthy enough to withstand the LASIK procedure.
- Before deciding whether or not you are a good candidate for LASIK surgery, your overall eye health is taken into account.
- You have realistic surgical expectations: the success rate is high, but you should be aware of the potential difficulties and risks.
The candidacy can only be determined after a thorough evaluation with your ophthalmologist.
Advantages of Contoura vision Lasik laser surgery
There are numerous advantages of Contoura Vision Lasik eye surgery:
- The operation is particularly customised to your specific eye problem. Every patient is given a unique surgery plan. The operation is painless and results in a significant improvement in eyesight.
- The entire surgical technique is highly sophisticated and employs cutting-edge technologies.
- Contoura Vision LASIK treatment is an FDA-approved treatment, making it a trustworthy and safe operation.
- The operation is quick and only takes around 15 to 20 minutes.
- The recuperation itself is fairly rapid, and no complications are encountered.
- The patient has a distinct corneal shape as well as a distinct pattern on the cornea. The contoura vision correction does not stop at merely correcting visual defects. The procedure even seeks to treat corneal curvature issues.
- The operation reshapes and smoothens the corneal tissue, improving visual acuity.
- Contoura Vision LASIK surgery also helps with issues including light sensitivity, halos formation, and glare. All of these factors can significantly impair eyesight. These issues can be successfully resolved with surgery.
LASIK Surgery In Gurgaon: Get The Best Cost-effective Treatment Here
LASIK surgery is the most commonly performed medical procedure based on laser refraction. Short for Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis, LASIK aids in vision correction. It uses excimer, a special cutting laser, to cut out microscopic pieces of the cornea, the transparent dome-shaped tissue present in the front of the eye. This reshaping allows the light to focus on the surface of the retina and hence, restores normal vision, helping you get rid of eyeglasses and contact lenses. LASIK surgery can treat the following conditions:
- Myopia (Nearsightedness): In this condition, the refracted light rays focus ahead of the retina, causing blurred distant vision.
- Hypermetropia (Farsightedness): In this condition, the light rays focus behind the retina, causing blurred near vision.
- Astigmatism: This is caused by a flattened or uneven corneal surface and affects both near and distant vision.
An ophthalmologist performs LASIK surgery. Before undergoing surgery, consult with an ophthalmologist for diagnosis and talk about the risks and whether you are an ideal candidate for the process.
The surgery is a safe procedure with minimal to no risk. It is performed after putting numbing eye drops to your eyes, so the process doesn’t hurt. However, the recovery time may vary between 6 weeks to 9 months, depending on the individual.
LASIK Eye Surgery Cost In Gurgaon
The cost for LASIK surgery varies in different parts of India. It depends on the hospital, the doctor’s expertise, and the condition that needs treatment. The LASIK eye surgery cost in Gurgaon usually ranges between 35,000 to 1,00,000 INR.
Dr. Deepa Gupta: The Best LASIK Surgeon In Gurgaon
Dr. Deepa Gupta is an excellent ophthalmologist with experience in treating over five hundred patients. She specializes in no injection and stitchless procedures and has a 95% surgery healing rate.
She has performed numerous LASIK surgeries with extreme precision and has received positive results. All LASIK surgeries are performed using the latest contoura vision technology that ensures high efficacy and better results. Dr. Deepa Gupta’s communication skills and comforting nature eases the doctor-patient interaction and helps the patient to relax.